Saturday, November 26, 2011

Thredbo Thanksgiving Getaway

This is the second year in a row that I have spent Thanksgiving outside of The United States. Last year's was spent in Australia somewhere between Brisbane and Rainbow Beach and my thanksgiving meal consisted of a Turkey Sandwich from Subway and a bottle of Cranberry-Apple Juice. That's all I could find at a rest stop! I made sure this year was different!

I went with my good friends Amanda and Lia down to Thredbo in the Snowy Mountains, about a 6 hour drive from Sydney. Thredbo is a small village ski resort set within Kosciuszko National Park in NSW. We stayed at Amanda's parents lodge and had a relaxing and much needed break from Sydney. On Thursday, we did a 5km mountain hike and Lia saw snow for the first time! We didn't make it up to the top of Mt Kosciuszko, a 12km roundtrip hike, we saved that for next time!

We got back around 5pm, lit the fire (it was 42ºF outside,) poured some wine and started to prepare for our Thanksgiving feast. We all worked so well in the kitchen and produced one of the yummiest meals I've ever had! We had Garlic, Sage & Rosemary Turkey cooked to perfection with Veggies (carrots, celery, onions), homemade from scratch onion & herb stuffing, Sweet Potato Wedges, Garlicky Green Beans, and Sweet Corn!! Everything was so delicious and we ate like Queens! I had a lot to be thankful for this year!! What a lovely holiday!!











Cheers!! Happy Thanksgiving!!

No comments:

Post a Comment