Wednesday, June 22, 2011

A Little Singapore Getaway (pt 1)

When one of your best friends asks, "Will you be my 'Plus-One' for the Grand Opening of Universal Studios Singapore?"...the only appropriate response is, "Tell me when and where, and I'll be there!" On May 25th, I departed Sydney and flew 8 hours to the small island country of Singapore. Here are some fun facts about Singapore:
•The English name of Singapore means, "Lion City"
•Singapore is the world's fourth leading financial centre
•Singapore's port is one of the five busiest ports in the world
•Singapore has no true distinctive seasons and is 1ยบ North of the Equator

And here is a bit of my exploring:

City Skyline

Singapore Cable Cars (I did not go on this)

Marina Bay Sands Resort (day)

Sentosa Island and Singapore's mascot, The Merlion

The Fullerton Hotel

Beautiful statues all over the city. I love this one of boys jumping into the Singapore River

Esplanade - Theatres on the Bay (and a river cruise boat)

View of River Walk on the Singapore River

The Famous Raffles Hotel


Sipping on a Singapore Sling

Shayne enjoying the view

No comments:

Post a Comment